thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, i like it



 i dont understand the spoken italian language. when i first arrived in italy i was captivated by this beautiful, acoustically passionate spoken language, full of hand gestures, shoulder shrugs and was making immediate plans to learn, take courses. i made a point of asking, remembering, writing things down, to converse, not feel like a tourist, not feel so ignorant. i like asking questions, enjoy the exchange of information, knowledge, history. but, i think being a mute suits me right now, being an alien, forces me to being visual. i see things i wouldnt otherwise see. not understanding this spoken language is limiting but also allows me a certain freedom, keeps me looking, guessing, wondering, imagining...i like that state, it feels natural to me, feels right.

Comments

Popular Posts