reader feedback

frozen scarf. roadside sculpture, estonia.
 *****

a reader of my blog, tatiana from tartu estonia, recently sent me a lovely note. she told me that she loved my roadside garbage sculpture series of photos from last month and that she was inspired to look at detritus around her in a very different way...with more of an artistic eye. enclosed is a shot she sent me of a frozen scarf from her homeland. i think this image has a powerful suggestion of vitality, it is as though the body that was formerly wrapped in the scarf has disintegrated.









*****


this is a picture of tatiana. she lives a derelict existence, no running water and she scavenges what she can from the streets of tartu to burn for heat.  she has no money and has become a kind of underground celebrity for her dumpster diving skills. 


*****

Comments

Popular Posts