unknown certainties



For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.
***

Yesterday was my moms 80th birthday (way to go mom!) and to celebrate she held a small gathering of close friends at her 150 year old farm house in Hudson,  Quebec. It was a delight for me to meet all her friends, some of whom I knew but hadn't seen in years and some whom I met for the 1st time. So many beautiful faces, frail but still virile bodies, full of knowledge, full of curiosity. I looked at each and every persons face and in my conversations with them and in overheard conversations I was moved into a place that can only be described as wondrous. The wonder of a human life. All the moments of a life: the stories, celebrations, the tragedies, achievements ... all contained and revealed within the bodies, the hearts and the faces of these illuminated people who turned up at my moms 150 year old farmhouse to sit, talk, laugh, smile and share a piece of birthday cake with my beautiful and remarkable 80 year old mom. Happy Birthday Everybody!!!

Comments

Popular Posts